Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2012 04:00

Device Problems

Hi,

I've had countless problems with my XPS Studio 13 Laptop. Needless to say, I wont be buying another Dell. However, in the meantime, any help I can get would be appreciated.

In Device Manager, I have a few problems:

1) Under Imaging devices, Lexmark x422 is saying 'Cannot start (Code 10)

2)Under Other devices, I have 3 items all not working (I assume):

i) Base System Device: PCI bus 1, device 7, function 3. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

ii) Coprocessor: PCI bus 0, device 3, function 5. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

iii) Unknown Device: on PCI bus. The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

Also, my battery will only charge approx. 5% of the times it is plugged in to an outlet. The rest of the time it just says plugged in, not charging. Under Device manager, the battery comes up us Unknown, instead of Battery or something else if that makes a difference.

Any help you can give is much appreciated

3.8K Posts

May 7th, 2012 02:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Did you reinstall Windows on your computer? It looks like you are missing all the drivers. If you have reinstalled windows then check the below link on how to install the drivers in the correct order, or some devices may not work properly.

support.dell.com/.../document

Check Dell Quickset to see how your battery is performing. If you do not have Dell Quickset using the below link. You can also press the F2 key at the Dell logo, to check if the battery and ac adapter is getting detected. If the battery is over a year old, then its time for a replacment.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Thank you

Royan

No Events found!