Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

K

1 Message

May 16th, 2006 08:00

Dodgy RJ45 Socket

(Inspiron 510m) My RJ45 ethernet connection is very tempremental, it often takes a bit if wiggleing and reconnecting and then losses connection if i move my laptop or knock the desk or anything (very annoying).

I've seen posts on here about the pins loosing their springiness or dammage to the main board due to repeated inserting and removal of the cable. Other than removal of the display and palm rest and having a good look i'm not sure what my next move should be. Is the socket replaceable (easily) or is a a new main board! (Its now out of warrenty, and i'm considering replacing but thats not the point and i need it in the interim anyway)

Is it worth trying to bend the pins down with some fine tweezers of is that just risking me bending them all over the place and rendering it totaly useless?

Kev.

4.2K Posts

May 31st, 2006 18:00

Hi,

You can try bending the pins, but if that doesnt help I would fit a PCMCIA net card. It will be cheaper than a MBD and easier to fit.

Regards Chris

No Events found!