Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 28th, 2013 13:00

Erratic mousepad

Hi I have just bought a brand new Dell Vostro but the mouse pad seems to select and highlight text at will, and is generally oversensitive. It also seems to jump around at times. I have adjusted the mousepad sensitivity properties but this has not made any difference- is this a common problem and are there any solutions? otherwise I am taking the laptop straight back to the shop!

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

January 28th, 2013 14:00

You can change the sensitivity of the touch pad in Quick Set also called Dell Windows Mobility Center. You can even turn it off when you type so you don't brush it with your hands while typing.

2 Posts

January 28th, 2013 14:00

Thanks for your swift reply- but I have already tried adjusting the mousepad settings but no real help- even in the desktop blank screen it will select and create a rectangle type shape with the mouse unless you click off!! Which is somewhat annoying!! Any one else help???

1 Message

February 26th, 2014 16:00

I have the same frustrating experience. I actually lost an entire folder of important documents, never to be found, because of the mousepad sensitivity. 

It is compounded by having Windows 8, which does not allow me to search as I am used to, and so I cannot find the mousepad adjustment in the dell file, nor any of the dell files. 

GRRRRRR

No Events found!