Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2016 11:00

Error code : 2000 - 0142 on diagnostic

Couple of month ago my laptop warrenty expired. Today I get disk repairing error on boot.

On diagnostic, Hard Drie 0 - DST Short test failed with error code 2000 - 0142 Validation : 129532.

Please suggest me how do I get replacement of this harddisk/Warrenty. As per my understanding samsung harddisk has 5yrs warrenty. So please help me on this.

Thanks and regards,

Arvind

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 23rd, 2016 11:00

If you purchased the drive at retail with a 5-year Samsung/Seagate warranty, contact them for replacement.

If the drive shipped in the system from Dell, it's an OEM drive - the warranty on the drive is the system warranty, meaning that if the system warranty has expired, so has the warranty on the drive.  Drives shipped by Seagate, WD and Toshiba to OEMs carry no warranty to end users -- only drives purchased separately through retail channels do.

August 23rd, 2016 22:00

Thanks for your kind support, so I need to replace my existing harddisk.

Can you assist me for purchasing new hard disk, what parameters should I keep in mind while purchasing hard drive. Basically I need 1 TB HDD.

Regards,

Arvind

2K Posts

August 23rd, 2016 23:00

Hi ARVINDSAHARKAR,

What is the exact system model? 

Yes, as the HDD has failed, you would need to replace the HDD on the system. Based on the exact system model, we could advise the right specifications for the HDD or if a SSD is available for the model as well.

If the HDD is the original part which was shipped with the system, then you could view the system configuration and HDD specific info here - http://dell.to/1n3X2po - enter the service tag and click on system configuration and original configuration.

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

August 23rd, 2016 23:00

Hi Rishi,

I have sent you a private message with system details.

Thanks,

Arvind

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

August 24th, 2016 04:00

Any standard 2.5" 7 mm SATA notebook drive will work as a replacement.  There are three manufacturers left - WD (which owns HGST), Seagate (same with Samsung) or Toshiba.

No Events found!