Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 16th, 2012 12:00

HELP My Dell Inspiron 1525 keeps restarting

My daughters computer keeps restarting windows over and over and over again.  I cannot get past the loading windows section.  I can click the f8 and there is the list to start in safe mode and other modes as well as start from last known boot or something like that... I clicked them all and none took me anywheres except to try and restart windows.  I have tried everything I know.. (which is not much) please someone help!!!!  

105 Posts

July 16th, 2012 13:00

Hi KristineP42,

Welcome to Dell community,

I am sorry to hear that the system is not working to your satisfaction. In order to help you we need to find out what is it that is causing the system to behave this way, so to isolate this issue I need you to perform a few steps and observe couple of things.

Please run the tests on the system to launch the PSA+ Diagnostics, perform one of the following actions:

Hold down the key while pressing the power button.

Turn on the system, press at the initial Dell™ logo screen, and select Diagnostics from the boot menu.

Let me know if it returns any error code.

Also, you can take the system in the BIOS by pressing the f2 key at startup and observe the system there and check if it stays there without restarting.

Let me know your findings. Glad to be of assistance.

DELL-Ravi M

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

1 Message

November 4th, 2012 09:00

Hi, I got the same problem. After diagnostics test drive 1: HL-DT-STDVD+-RW GSA-H31N-  Diagnostics not supported.

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

November 4th, 2012 10:00

You need to have a blank writeable disc in the drive to test it.  That's not causing the restart -- it's the hard drive on which you need to run a diagnostic.

1 Message

April 30th, 2013 09:00

My computer is doing the same thing. I did that test and i got error code 0142 msg: error code 2000-0142

1.3K Posts

May 9th, 2013 16:00

Hi scw2593,

Error 2000-0142 indicates a hard drive failure. Please check the system warranty details from the below link and revert to me on a private message if the system is under warranty. In case if the system is out of warranty, you could contact 1-800- 288-4410 (US region only).

http://dell.to/11Y5A6E

To send the system service tag through a private message, click on my Forum username and then click Start conversation.

2 Posts

March 1st, 2017 04:00

I am also facing same problem. My laptop frequently shutdown. I do not get any error from diaoganised. Really fed up. Dell support team raised hand as laptop is out of warranty.

15 Posts

November 18th, 2017 17:00

Hi, I've had a lot of different issues with Dell's & yep others but since i'm here, I looked in my stock boxes & got out 2 memory modules & swapped them out with the 2 in my laptop & it started fine. I should have done that fist off but I forgot to try it. I wasn't even getting any 'Beep Codes', or even just 1 Beep.

I also have a competitors laptop & after I replaced the motherboard, it wouldn't do anything. I flipped it upside down, removed the bottom panel & the bottom memory module wasn't seated in all the way. I was really lucky it didn't ruin that new motherboard....

No Events found!