Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2014 21:00

Having problems with losing internet connection after 30 min or more online.

While searching on the internet I get the message that I am "not connected to the internet". To correct this I restart the computer. I had this problem before and ran the Dell diagnostic program. While this was happening the internal fan could not be heard running. I tried to find a way to test the fan but could not find anything. Once again this is happening and again I can not hear the fan running. Is there any way to test the fan before tearing apart the computer This is an Inspiron 1545 running windows 7. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

May 21st, 2014 11:00

buzzybob928,

Go to Drivers & Downloads enter your service tag number, then select your operating system. Under Network, download and install the latest drivers.

Try these tweaks....

Start, control panel, device manager. Click on Network and then right click on your network adapter, left click properties, power management. Uncheck the box, allow computer to turn off this device to save power.

Go to the power options, and changed the Wireless Adapter Setting, from Maximum Power Setting to Maximum Performance.

Rick

No Events found!