Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

T

October 7th, 2012 19:00

How to get to Advanced Boot Option if F8 key doesn't work?

Hi, I have problem starting up my Dell Studio 1745 laptop.  Every time I turn on, it loads Dell logo then goes to a blank black screen with a blinking cursor without loading Windows.  I tried hitting F8 while booting but it doesn't work.  I can't get to the Advanced Boot Options to launch it in Safe mode.  F2 and F12 work but they don't help.  Dignostic tests all passed.  I also reset F2 to factory defaults.  Anyone know how to launch Advanced Boot Option if F8 doesn't work or know how to fix this blank screen with blinking cursor?  I tried everything without any luck.  Appreciate your help.

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

October 7th, 2012 20:00

Tekeslam,

Did you try tapping F8 once a second?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

Tekeslam,

Run the full diagostics and report back any error messages. How to Run the Dell™ Diagnostics Utility

Rick

4 Posts

Yes.  I tried tapping F8 once a second many times.  It definitely doesn't work.  I also tried booting Operating System CD, restored and installed successfully but still can't get past the Dell logo screen.  It keeps launching the black screen of death.

4 Posts

October 8th, 2012 06:00

The first few times, there weren't any errors.  Everything passed.  Recently, I'm starting to get this error:

-- Error Code:  0F00: 133C

-- Msg:  Disk - No suitable disk under is present

4 Posts

October 8th, 2012 18:00

Can anyone help?

373 Posts

October 8th, 2012 22:00

Enter on setup? if yes, check the stats of your hard drive if appears some value of your hard drive. if not appears not it's because your Hard Drive is not being recognize in the BIOS e that's why doesn't appear advanced option on F8

No Events found!