Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2014 19:00

INSPIRON 14Z N411Z WILL NOT TURN ON

I have had this laptop for a couple of years and it has worked fine with no issues.  No work has ever been done on it.  A few nights ago my wife was using it and shut the lid for the evening.  in the morning, the laptop would not turn on.  There is power to the AC adapter (green light on) but no power/lights on the laptop at all.  I've removed the battery for long periods and tried to start it with no luck.  Kind of at a loss now.  

7 Technologist

• 

7.1K Posts

May 16th, 2014 21:00

Hi mikica1025,

I’d suggest that you follow the steps mentioned below and check for issue resolution.

1. Switch off the computer.

2. Disconnect the AC adapter from the system.

3. Remove the battery from the computer.

4. Press and hold down the power button for 15 seconds.

5. Then connect back all the peripherals and check if you are able to turn on the system.

Also, I suggest you reseat a few components, like memory, hard drive, optical drive, wireless cards and see if that makes a difference. In the link below punch in the system service tag or express service code and you can access the user manual for removing and reseating components. 

http://dell.to/18r60nI

Please let me know the findings.

September 22nd, 2014 07:00

same thing happened to me . And my pc still does not turn on .. I have ledio several forums that is a problem in the motherboard and you may come factory failed in this model since it happens to most people . In fact I at 6 months of buying the lead for service in Buenos Aires and I changed the motherboard that was missed . A few months later I happened again that I put out to q followed one day it caught no more . I wonder who give me solution .
No Events found!