Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2017 16:00

Inspiron 15(7559) Completely Freezes, cannot turn off

While I was playing an online game, the keyboard suddenly stopped responding while the  game was still otherwise running perfectly with mouse still responding. I closed the game and tried to turn  the laptop off. However, even though the screen was off, the fans still continue running at high speed.  I tried to press the power button to force shut down but had no effect. The laptop is still buzzing right now and it has been over 40 minutes. I guess I will have to wait until the battery is dead.

What is wrong with my laptop and what can I do? I need to do some important work to deal with serious deadlines. Please help me

June 14th, 2017 01:00

Hi emmanouil_am,

Thank you for writing to Dell Community Forum.

Are you able to boot into windows normally now? What is the status of the power led? Can you run the diagnostics and capture any error message or code you get.

Please click my DELL-username and send me a Private Message with the Dell Service Tag number and your email address.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

June 14th, 2017 06:00

I had one freeze up recently and had to hold the power button down for around 20 seconds to get any reaction.  I was surprised as to how long it took since normally it only takes a few seconds to shut one down.

No Events found!