Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

D

July 4th, 2012 16:00

Inspiron 15R SE Touch Pad

Hello I have recently purchased a Inspiron 15R SE.

I have a problem where if I use the keyboard the touchpad reactivates a second or 2 after, which creates a lag.

If I hold say 'spacebar' down I cannot move the mouse using the touchpad. Anytime I type then use the touchpad the first second the mouse will not move.

I have read on other sites saying that theres an option on the icon in the bottom right of the screen to turn this off, but I cannot find it.

Does anyone know how to stop this?

I actually came across this, http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/p/19375119/19861079.aspx#19861079 but cannot find the option.

46 Posts

July 4th, 2012 18:00

Check all your icon tray by clicking on the upward arrow available (these are the icons you can see on the lower right corner of your screen). You should be able to add icons which might have your touchpad control panel to appear. Try to check it.

9 Posts

July 5th, 2012 01:00

Thanks for the help, I did already know that though.

Im in the dell pointing devices panel but can not see the option to' Disable touch check '

Maybe its changed in the newer version?

4 Posts

July 5th, 2012 02:00

Exactly the same problem here... I've updated the touchpad driver to the latest on the dell support site but still can't use the touchpad mouse at the same time as a keyboard key. There's no option for 'touchcheck' in the touchpad gui either.

Any ideas?

9 Posts

July 5th, 2012 16:00

Ive bought a mouse and this means I can use the mouse and the keyboard at the same time, but it would be useful to be able to use the touch pad.

9 Posts

July 7th, 2012 06:00

Still having problems with the touch pad & keyboard, cannot find the answer.

I've bought a SSD 240gb and am replacing the 1tb 5200rpm what was supplied with the laptop, thus having to reinstall windows. So I'll let you know if reinstalling windows corrects the problem.

9 Posts

July 7th, 2012 09:00

Ok so after reinstalling windows I no longer have this problem.

I reinstalled windows onto a new SSD (laptop is ultra fast loading, less heat and less power consumption now). What I believe the problem is , is dells touch pad driver.

When I was installing the dell drivers I left out the dell touchpad driver, windows has installed a default driver to control this device.

This allows me to use the keyboard and touchpad at the same time.

If you do not want to reinstall windows you could try the following.

Uninstalling the touchpad driver from add/remove programs. Then reboot and allow windows to detect and install automatically.

( I would keep a USB mouse handy when doing this as you may lose the use of the touchpad, if so reinstall from the dell driver disk you get.)

Once windows has installed a default driver it should mean the problem is cleared.

Another way could be delete the device from device manager  checking the options also remove driver, then reboot.

Good Luck

3 Posts

July 11th, 2012 23:00

Uninstalling the drivers worked for me, but it would be nice to still have the added functions the drivers add to the trackpad. It's probably a problem with the drivers. Hope dell fixes this soon.

9 Posts

July 12th, 2012 02:00

I agree it would still be nice to have the features, although I would not advise anyone to use the dell drivers until this is fixed.

It really impaires the use of the trackpad and keyboard.

3 Posts

July 12th, 2012 09:00

Does anyone know how long it usually takes dell to fix these kinds of bugs?

3 Posts

July 26th, 2012 11:00

Has anyone found a fix other than uninstalling the dell touchpad drivers? Are there other drivers we could install to fix this?

9 Posts

July 27th, 2012 15:00

No sorry, but why not uninstall them?

If there is something that the dell drivers do that you want to keep, then your better off looking for an application to do that seperately.

I'm not sure how long it would take dell to fix this. Maybe they think people would only want to use the keyboard or the touchpad not both at the same time.

1 Message

July 10th, 2013 12:00

Go to your Dell Touchpad properties and turn off "Palm Rejection."

No Events found!