Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 1st, 2014 05:00

Inspiron N7110 CMOS battery replacement?

Hi

Recently....every time I turn on my laptop I get 5 beeps and the clock and date needs resetting. I think it's the internal battery that has probably gone flat.

Is a battery replacement going to mean me having to take the computer to bits to get to the battery? Any other tips that anyone has to get to the battery or anything to stops the beeps!

Many thanks indeed.

Paul

1 Rookie

• 

87.5K Posts

April 1st, 2014 05:00

Usually a faulty CMOS battery won't produce beeps -- a faulty clock chip, however, will.  Run the Dell diagnostics on the system (F12 at powerup).  If you see an error relating to a bad system clock chip, it's the mainboard that will need to be replaced.

The CMOS battery is not even used if you have a charged, main battery in the system or the AC adapter is plugged in.

Changing the CMOS battery requires quite a bit of tear-down (removing the system board):

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/product-support/product/inspiron-17r-n7110/manuals?c=us

1 Message

September 19th, 2016 20:00

Hi

Im having the same problem but when I ran a full diagnostics it said no problems were found. What do I do now?

Nick

No Events found!