Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 16th, 2017 21:00

Lattitude E7440 - Bluetooth audio hissing with multiple devices

I have a Dell Latitude E7440. I have attempted to use 3 different Bluetooth headphones on my laptop, When connected to the laptop, there is a very noticeable background hiss while sound is playing. When connected to my phone I have never had this hiss with any of the headphones.

I have upgraded my Bluetooth and tried various audio drivers, and I have had no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

3 Apprentice

• 

4.3K Posts

February 17th, 2017 07:00

The first thing I would check is the configuration and properties on the headset.  The right click speaker dialog will allow you to do that on the Playback devices tab.  Possibly the volume is turned down there.

If you have an Audio Manager you might do the same thing there and test the headset and make sure the configuration is correct.

Is the headset selected as default output device and not communications device?

Does your headset have its own volume control?  If so, could it be turned up while the source volume is turned down?

When I update drivers, I uninstall the device and then check the box to uninstall the drivers also.  But certain types of Bluetooth may not have current drivers, so use you best judgement.  If Win 10 drivers are available, it will be safe to uninstall previous drivers.  Keep track of driver versions so you will know for sure the latest one is installed.

No Events found!