Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 20th, 2012 21:00

My touch screen stopped working...

Hey I have a XPS 15 L502x.... and sometime in the past week, my touch screen has stopped responding completely. I've tried everything i can think of... all the settings i can find relating to touch input appear to be correct, etc, but no luck. I'm usually decently ok at fixing the problems my computer has on my own through a little internet research, but either no one's had this problem and posted about it or its buried many pages down in google.

Anyone have any ideas? I dont have time to go through the phone tech support hassle for another few days and i miss being able to use the touch screen function. Not that it was ever super-functional to begin with, but it was nice for scrolling and such lol

3.8K Posts

May 21st, 2012 03:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Have you tried updating the N-Trig Multi-Touch HID Device which is the TouchScreen Driver? Use the below link to install it.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Hope this helps.

Thank you

Royan

3 Posts

May 21st, 2012 04:00

Well it worked.... kind of. The screen now responds to touch some of the time, often delayed, and often very much not in the accurate location. Its a start though, at least theres some functionality back...

3.8K Posts

Hi,

Try installing your touchpad driver as well. Use the below link for help. You may also want to uninstall the Touch Screen drivers once, and reinstall it to see if that makes a difference. Click on start, type in Device Manage and click on it, click on the symbol next to Pointing Devices, right click on the N-Trig driver and click on uninstall, click ok to confirm, and install it again using the above link to install it, and then restart your computer.

www.dell.com/.../DriverFileFormats

Thank you

Royan

3 Posts

Also, i think a very different version of the driver came with the laptop (bought last september). The icon on the taskbar is very different, it used to be an icon called flicks? Trying to callibrate and its not working. And now my mouse icon is jumping around of its own accord and minimizing the window on me. i think its responding to my taps like 5 minutes later???

4 Posts

April 8th, 2013 15:00

Hey I have a XPS 15 L502x.... and sometime in the past week, my touch screen has stopped responding completely.

I installed  R292781.exe &R293038.exe  and still I am having problems "N-trig hardware was not detected on your system"

4 Posts

I installed it and still I am having problems "N-trig hardware was not detected on your system"

4 Posts

I did and it not working

No Events found!