Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 21st, 2012 17:00

N4110 Inspiron.Fan stop functioning.

Hi all,

I've got problem with my laptop which its fan not functioning as well (totally stop). it give high temperature (so hot) then it will shutdown automatically. already reboot for many time but the fan still cannot work. and i also not sure if my laptop still got warranty or not.

this is my Service Tag number: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

hope somebody can assist me in this thread.

1.8K Posts

November 21st, 2012 17:00

Hi,

Please ensure that the vents of the system are clean and allow free circulation of air inside the system. You may use a can of compressed air to clean the vents. Before you clean the air vents of system:

1. Turn off the System.
  2. Unplug the AC Adapter.
  3. Remove the Battery.

For more information on cleaning the vents, please visit the following link:http://dell.to/SAep59

Once you clean the air vents, check if you face the same issue after that.

If the issue still persists, you can update the BIOS to latest version.

Note: Before flashing the BIOS please check the following:-

1. Battery should have 10% or greater charge.
  2. Adapter should be connected.
  3. No external devices should be connected.
  4. All other programs should be closed and documents saved.  

Link to download the latest BIOS is: http://dell.to/10g8D9E

Steps to download BIOS:-

• Click 'Get Driver' to download the list to a folder you will designate.
  • Click 'Save'. Then designate the folder you would like to save the files to.
  • Once you have designated the folder you would like to save your files to, Click 'OK'.
  • Selected downloads will automatically start downloading. You can Pause , Stop , or Continue  downloading the items you have selected. Next is Installation.
  • To start installation, Click Open folder. Right-click a downloaded file and select the option to ‘Run as administrator’.
  • A small window will appear with 'Continue' and 'Exit' buttons, click 'Continue'.
  • In the Select the folder where you want to unzip the files to window, click OK.
  • If a message appears asking to create a folder, click 'Yes'. If a message appears asking to overwrite the folder, click 'Yes to All'.
  • In the All files were successfully unzipped window, click OK.
  • A new window will appear, follow the prompts that appear to finish the installation.
  • Restart your computer.  

In case the issue is still not fixed, you can run hardware diagnostics to check the functionality of system hardware. 

You can follow the steps below to run hardware diagnostic test on your computer:

• Please restart the system.
  • As soon as you see the blue Dell logo, start tapping the ‘F12’ key.

Note: If you wait too long and the Microsoft Windows appears, then continue to wait until you see the Windows desktop. Now shutdown your computer and try again.

• After we have pressed ‘F12’ key then a new window will appear. Now highlight the “Diagnostics” and press ‘Enter’ to initiate EPSA diagnostics.

• The ePSA starts running the ‘quick test’ without waiting for user input.
  • To select a specific device (System fan in this case) to test, you can tap the Esc key and run test on the specific component.
  • You can choose between ‘Quick’ and ‘Thorough’ test modes to check the system hardware.

Please reply with findings. 

3 Posts

November 21st, 2012 18:00

hi Chimay S,

after run "Diagnostics" at my laptop, got error msg at the screen:

Msg:Fan-The [Processor Fan] failed to respond correctly

Error code 2000-0511

Validation 13133

what does it mean? and what should I do?

3 Posts

November 22nd, 2012 04:00

Hi Chinmay S,

after flash the latest BIOS, i try to run again the Hardware Diagnostic Test. but it still showing the error msg:

Error Code 2000-0511

Validation 13133

Msg: Fan - The [Processor Fan] fan failed to respon correctly.

Is it related to hardware prob (fan) or maybe chipset problem? need ur assist for this kind of problem.

Thanks n regards,

Faizal

1.8K Posts

November 23rd, 2012 02:00

Hi Faizal,

It appears to be an issue with system fan of your computer and need replacement.

In order to assist you in a better way, I would need the following information:

• Name on the account (under whose name the system is registered) 
  • Country of purchase.
  • Phone number
  • Alternate phone number
  • Best time to reach you during the day
  • Complete address with zip code

Please private message me the details. I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

I am sending you a private message as well. Click on “Inbox” to respond to the message and provide system’s Service Tag and contact details so I may access your system records and check for further course of action. You could also click on Start Conversation to send a private message.

Please reply with the information. 

No Events found!