Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 21st, 2015 12:00

Precision M4600 - Reset to factory settings

Hi,

I have precision m4600  workstation laptop and I want to reset it to factory settings. I tried to update windows 10 but then system crashed completely and managed to return back to windows 7 but it started to give errors.

I have looked at the online manual and forums but couldn't solve the way to reset to factory settings. I have the red covered cd's which came with my laptop labeled as device drivers and utilities. I also managed to download the dell backup and recovery manager

I followed the path of  dell recovery tools> create a recovery disc or device... and selected my USB device.  This operation should give me the dell factory image( which is  close 300 megabytes no way that the system can fit in?!?)

The problem is when I try selecting system restore. Nothing shows up on selection. I got stock at this point. 

I don't want to backup any file or save the files on C drive, I just want to reset so I can reinstall my applications again. 

Can someone please help?

4 Operator

• 

11.1K Posts

December 21st, 2015 13:00

It could very well be that your recovery partition is toast due to the Windows 10 update. Hard to tell from here. Dell doesn't support Windows 10 on this model.

http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshooting/us/en/04/KCS/KcsArticles/ArticleView?docid=DSN_347576

2 Posts

December 21st, 2015 14:00

Still couldn't figure it out.  I need to get to factory image restore but cannot find the image still after creating it in dell backup and recovery manager.

No Events found!