Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 15th, 2012 16:00

Problem uninstalling devices from Device manager

Followed all the info for uninstalling devices in Device manager.  When right clicking and selecting "uninstall", it indicates device is uninstalled, but it continues to show up after every restart.  The information shows the device not configured correctly (Code 1 or Code 10)  Also tried uninstalling drivers under "properties" and get note that no drivers are required for the devices.  Some info online indicated this is a registry problem.  Any of you sharp guys got a suggestion?

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 15th, 2012 21:00

Hi Porterellis,

The Code 10 error is generated when Device Manager has insufficient information, or the error that is bubbled up the device drivers is not recognized by Device Manager. I suggest that you update the drivers for the devices that show these errors. Please follow the steps provided below to update the drivers:

1. In the device's “Properties” dialog box, click the “Driver” tab.
2. Click “Update Driver” to start the “Hardware Update Wizard.”
3. Follow the instructions to update the driver.

The following web link provides additional information and a Microsoft Fixit file that will fix the issue automatically when run on the computer:
http://bit.ly/41GLZD

Please reply to this message if you need further assistance.

October 17th, 2012 17:00

Hi Rajath

Tried suggested procedures previously using the Hardware Update Wizard and get notice that "No driver files required or loaded for any devices"  Also went to the suggested website for Code 10 errors -no help. 

My initial problem was that I had to do a system recovery using the Dell discs that came with the computer.  However, the Drivers and Utilities CD was not for my system platform MXCO61.  So I tried downloading from Dell support on line using the downloads for Inspiron 1405 and my service tag.  I tried to determine which of the downloads applied and apparently the ones I got:  1, Ethernet Controller, 2. Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus, 3. Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus, 4. Video Controller, and 5. Video Controller (VGA Compatible) were not intended for my machine.  Gotta admit, I had a hard determining what to download.  Anyway, they show they were not configured correctly and I am unable to uninstall them using all the recommended procedures.  Nasty situation!  Any further help or suggestions appreciated.  It's not easy being dumb!

Porter

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 18th, 2012 03:00

Hi Porter,

Thank you for your reply.  To provide appropriate drivers for your computer, please provide the additional information requested below:

1. The version of Windows installed on the computer (E.g. Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit):
2. The name of the device that has yellow exclamation marks in the Device Manager:
3. The devices that you are trying to update the drivers:

Please reply to this message with your findings.

October 19th, 2012 17:00

Rajath,

1.  Windows Vista installed.

2. The names of devices are marked with yellow question marks (not exclamation)  They are:

Ethernet Controller

Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus

Video Controller

Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

When I turn on the computer,  I get the "Found New Hardware" wizard.  I don't want to install the drivers as it appears they are not for my computer (They say device not configured correctly).  I just want to uninstall them.  The Wizard tries to lead me in to searching for the drivers and then says they can't be found. I can't delete any of the divers as it says drivers are not required for these devices.

Basciclly I just want to uninstall all four of the devices.  I do the uninstall after right clicking each device and the "Confirm you are uninstalling this device" notice comes uo and I click OK.  Upon restart all four devices are again listed under Other Devices in Device Manager and the "Found New Hardware" wizard again appears for each device.

I hope this makes sense to you.  I appreciate your help.

Porter

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 20th, 2012 03:00

Hi Porter,

Thank you for your reply. I suggest that you install the Chipset, Network and Video drivers for the Inspiron E1405 by visiting the following link and by entering the Service Tag:
http://dell.to/Qnizfs

The devices will work properly once the appropriate drivers are installed. Please reply to this message if you need further assistance.

October 21st, 2012 17:00

Rajath,

My operating system is Windows XP, Home Edition, Service packs 1,2,and 3 installed.  I was thinking about another machine - sorry.  Anyhow, I am somewhat confused when I go to the driver and downloads for my Inspiron 1405 and enter the service tag. There are e.g. 2 downloads for chipset, 8 for network, and 7 vor video.  I tried doing that before and believe that is where my problem arose.  Figuring out which to use is confusing.  I think I tried downloading the "urgent or important ones and probably the recommended.

What puzzles me is tha I have done system restore on other computers and one disk restores the machines to "as received from factory" - you didn't have to have a separate disk for drivers and utilities.  This is new to me.

I purchased the latest CD from Dell that is for my operating platform MXCO61. They sent me the wrong CD when I purchased the machine.  I hate to start from scratch and do a restore and Device Driver, Diagnostic and Utilities install from that disk, but it may be the best course of action.

I am going to look at the site "dell.to/Qnizfs"  that you recommended and maybe I figure it out.

Again, thanks so much for your concern and help,

Porter

4 Operator

• 

1.8K Posts

October 23rd, 2012 03:00

Hi Porter,

Thank you for your reply.  Please sent me the system Service Tag via Private Message so that I can pull up the system details and provide the correct driver download links for the devices, that needs driver updates.

I have added you as a friend. Please accept my friend request by clicking on my name ‘DELL-Rajath N’highlighted in blue and then click on “Friends” tab at the top and then click on “Request to Review” and finally click on “Accept” button.

3.8K Posts

May 30th, 2013 14:00

This thread has been locked due to inactivity. For assistance, with the same or a different issue, please click New Post on the top right to start a New Thread.                            

No Events found!