Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 12th, 2017 04:00

RE: Dell Inspiron 3521 Battery not charging

Hi,

My dell inspiron3521 is not charging when I connect my AC adopter.  The AC adopter blue light automatically turns off  after a few seconds. But when I remove the battery then AC adopter works fine and facing no problem. I have done these methods but still I am unable to solve the problem

1) In setup its showing the AC adopter 90W and AC adopter error is also enabled but I am not getting any error relating to adopter. Its also showing battery is working fine.

2) I updated the BIOS version A14

3)  I also upgraded the chip-set drivers

but none of the above mentioned procedures rectified my problem.

I can use my laptop normal without battery by just plugin its AC adopter. Please help me out regarding this problem. Thanks!

2K Posts

March 12th, 2017 10:00

Hi MOHSINGILLANI,

Are you using an original Dell OEM Adapter? When you plug in the adapter to the system, does the adapter stay firm or does it fall off easily? Is the adapter frayed? Is there any damage on the system? Could you test with another power adapter if possible?

Restart the system and press f2 key to enter BIOS - check the adapter status in BIOS with and without the adapter plugged in. Also, wiggle the adapter cable at the end and see if the status changes in BIOS at any point.

Restart the system and press f12 key on startup - choose diagnostics. Let it run the diags and if you encounter any errors - make a note of the complete error and report the same to us. These are onboard diagnostics and they might possible pick some error if the hardware is not functional.

Based on your description, I would suspect a battery fault. If the adapter and dc port are fine, then test with another battery and check. If another battery works fine, replace the battery. If the other battery and adapter also exhibits the same behavior, then I would suspect a dc port or the motherboard. 

If the dc port needs replacing, you would need this part - http://bit.ly/2egjkJy

You could contact our team to get a quote for a paid service call - http://dell.to/1vnT6CQ 

Also, please click my DELL-username and write me a private conversation with the service tag and your contact details(Name and Email) for case records.

Let us know if you have any other queries.

No Events found!