Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2010 11:00

Solution to the Incompatibility problem between Windows 7x64 and Logitech QuickCam Integrated into an M2010 PC

Dell has the correct latest drivers for Windows 7x64.  User should do the following:

Check for all of the latest drivers for "Drivers & Downloads XPS M2010" on Dell's website and download the 2 drivers for the Logitech software application and driver. Once unzipped, go to the R151795 file folder first  and double click on the Logitech Setup application. Once installed go to the R142311 file folder and double click on the Logitech Setup application icon to install the latest driver for the Logitech M2010 QuickCam.

Note1:

It doesn't matter what operating system one selects for your M2010 on the Dell download drivers website. Evidently Dell has updated the driver software to be compatible with any operating system on an M2010 PC

Note2:

For correct installation of the QuickCam, it is necessary to
install the software BEFORE connecting your Logitech USB camera to the
computer. The Windows hardware wizard may start if you connect the
device prior to software installation. If the message "An unknown
device has been detected." is displayed, click on the Cancel
button and continue with installation instructions on the quick
start guide.

Dana Benjamin

<ADMIN NOTE:Email Id removed per privacy policy>

263 Posts

February 24th, 2010 12:00

Dana,

Thank you for the post.  I have a 2010 the is on Win 7x64 and got my cam working last week basicaily the same way. There is a lengthly post about Why isn't Dell providing drivers for the M2010 for Win 7?. I would like to add this to the post as it contains the procedure for upgrading to Win 7.

I would ask that you remove your email address as this is a violation of forum rules before I add it.

Thanks for the post and good work.

May 12th, 2010 11:00

Does this also work for the Dell XPS M1210?  I am having the same issues as that Win 7 recognizes it as an unknown USB device and I can't get past it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

John Williams

263 Posts

May 12th, 2010 12:00

John,

I would say yes this should work for you. It appears the 1210 uses the same camera. Do you have the logitech software disk? You will need it. Do install the software first, then the drivers.

Good luck

May 13th, 2010 08:00

IT WORKED!!!  thanks so much.

No Events found!