Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 16th, 2016 21:00

Sound and mic Problem in dell Latitude E6410

I recently bought a Dell Latitude E6410 with Win 10. I have problem with its sound and mic. When I active the mic, I don't have sound on internal speaker, when I fix the sound, then the mic doesn't work. If I add an external mic it does work with sound together but not in all apps. For example, they don't work together on Skype. 

When I used Dell driver checks, it showed me the BIOS needs to be updated, but when I want to update it gives me error. 

Appreciate any help. 

Thanks. 

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

July 17th, 2016 13:00

Latitude E6410 with Win 10

Hello. Dell does not support Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 on the Latitude E6410 model and cautions that you might lose some functionality if you do run Win10. You can see the notice on the E6410 support page.

The E6410 has IDT audio hardware on the motherboard. The IDT company went out of the consumer audio business before Windows 10 came out, so I doubt that there will ever be a Win10 IDT audio driver for that model.

You can try to use the IDT Win7 audio driver in Win10, by installing it while using Compatibility mode.

1. Download and save the audio driver to your desktop or any convenient location on the hard drive.  [There are two "formats" on the driver's page. Scroll down to the 2nd one, named "Hard Drive" format, and download that one, not the 1st one named "Windows Update Package".]
2. Double click on the new folder to extract (unzip) the driver files.
3. The extractor wizard will create a new folder for the driver files. It will be at "c:\dell\drivers\xxxxxx". Write down the exact location that the wizard creates.
4. If the driver begins to install automatically, halt (cancel) the installation.
5. Browse to the driver files on the hard drive (the location you wrote down).
6. Find the "setup.exe" file.
7. Right click on setup.exe to open the context menu.
8. Select the Properties.
9. Select the Compatibility tab.
10. Check the box "run this program in compatibility mode for"... Win7.

When I active the mic, I don't have sound on internal speaker,

What steps do you perform to activate the mic? What steps to fix the sound?

44 Posts

July 12th, 2017 21:00

I had the same problem, also on a Latitude E6410. I followed the above steps from jimco.

Result: the driver installed and Windows thinks it's installed, but no sound gets recorded. I verified that the download is for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows (it detects when it installs; user doesn’t choose bitness).

My conclusion: the Windows 7 driver for this microphone does not work on Windows 10. And there will never be a Windows 10 driver because the company that made the microphone has gone out of business.

1 Message

August 2nd, 2017 04:00

I'm running win 8.1 Pro , this solution solve the sound problem on my dell E6410 !  issue was the very low sound on the speakers .....somehow I manage to find this post ,after long search ,to fix it ....

Thank you ,

Regards!

No Events found!