Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 18th, 2016 08:00

Studio 1555 - Bios beep tones (1xlong, 2xshort, 4xhigh and short)

Hi there,

I have a problem with my Dell Studio 1555 (built in 2009, Dual Core@2,0 Ghz, 4 GB Ram, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 - should be a Phoenix chipset).

Yesterday I started my laptop (energysaving-mode), the screen stayed black, no fan-activity or stuff, just the hard drive was working. Tried to restart it, nothing happend, just had these bios beep-tones (screen stays black and again no fan activity or stuff): 1x long, 2x short, 4x short (some way higher than the first two short tones).

I think, that 1x long, 2x short is something with my graphics card, at least I did not found out what these 4 high and short beeps could mean.

Does anyone know what could be the problem with my Studio?

Thanks!

February 18th, 2016 20:00

Hi Kajanb, 

Thanks for writing to us. 

Were there any hardware or software changes done before the issue started? 

Please try the following steps. 

Do a power cycle by removing adapter and battery and the hold down the power button for 30 sec, then put them back and observe. 

Also you can re-seat the memory modules or try with 1 memory at a time (if more than one)  and observe again for any changes. 

If possible please record the beeps (either audio or video) and send it to us that will give a more clearer picture of what is wrong with the system.

Regards

February 20th, 2016 02:00

Hi

We are awaiting your response.

Regards

No Events found!