Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

January 25th, 2011 11:00

Studio 1737 Screen keeps blacking out

This problem started about a month ago and went on for a few days, then it started acting just fine again.  Now once again, every time I open the computer and turn it on, the screen comes on for a short minute while it's booting up, sometimes it will get as far as the password screen, then it goes black.

Please tell me what is happening and how to fix it, or how much I should expect to pay to have it fixed.  I'm so aggravated!

Thanks, Angela

4 Posts

July 15th, 2011 15:00

I  STILL don't have answers to this problem.  Downloaded the most recent bios update and it started working - for about a month - with no issues.  Now it's back to black screen again.  UGG!  I will never buy another DELL again.

1 Message

July 15th, 2011 15:00

I have a Studio 1737 that is doing the same exact thing - started happening in April 2011 after I flashed the bios which was then a 'critical update' from Dell. The machine has not been the same since.....right now I'm running the laptop from a teamviewr connection - the video is fine on my desktop machine although slow - the screen is still black on my laptop.....so what's the deal?  anyone.....

No Events found!