Highlighted
ravared
Copper

Touch Screen not working

I've had my laptop for 3 weeks and my touch screen has stopped working.  I've read all posts I can find on this and reset my computer to factory out of the box. 

Having read the posts I tried the Windows hot fix for the issue and it said it didn't apply.  I'm going crazy and ready to give up on this and return my laptop.  I would really like to fix this and move on.  I noticed in the Human Interface drives I have multiple drivers that are the same and I do not see a driver for the touch screen.

Please help!!!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
LSUFAN51
Diamond

RE: Touch Screen not working

I'm assuming windows 10 is on your computer....? Dell model number ? Example: Dell Inspiron 3543

I'd suggest you run troubleshooting tools on the computer. Please type Troubleshooting Control Panel onto [Cortana] search box, click View All, and then "Windows Update". You can click on "Hardware & Devices", and System Maintenance as well.

LSUFAN51
Diamond

You can also run a diagnostic test on the touch screen. Please enter your service tag number [or use Detect Product]onto  link below.

www.dell.com/.../

LSUFAN51
Diamond

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Once you're in Dell Product Support page, stroll up to Diagnostic, and click "Choose A Diagnostic test"...

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Lastly.....

How Do I Calibrate My Touchscreen?

https://www.dell.com/support/Article/us/en/19/616138/EN

LSUFAN51
Diamond

0 Kudos
ravared
Copper

I have done all these things and it's still not working.  You are right Windows 10 on an Inspiron 15 7000 series laptop.  What is the driver name, so I can check to see if the driver is even there.

When I ran the diagnostic it failed because the touch screen is not working.. I'm now on Microsoft site trying to see what they have.

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

I'm assuming your system is Dell Inspiron 15 7000, series 7559

www.dell.com/.../advanced

0 Kudos
LSUFAN51
Diamond

Here're a few more suggestions;

1. Power off system, disconnect AC adapter, remove battery, and then press "Power On" button for 15 seconds to discharge Static Flea Power. Please replace battery, AC adapter, and then power on system. Hopefully touch screen driver appears in device manager now.