Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 18th, 2010 02:00

USB Cable Problem

Hi everyone,

I bought a product yesterday that included two new USB cables. Shortly after inserting the first, a pop up appeared telling me that  "One of the USB cables attached to this computer has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it". The balloon suggests that I click on it to help resolve the problem. The advice is to remove and re-attach the cable.

I'm not convinced that this is a Windows problem as the pop up is continuing several hours later - even after shut down and with no USB items attached. In essence it seems to have shut down the USB elements of the laptop as other previously used USB items are no longer connecting.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so, what was the solution ?

Many thanks

3 Posts

April 18th, 2010 04:00

Thanks for your reply.

Funnily enough, I've just attached my camera USB cable and downloaded photos and this alert popped up continually throughout the download. Slightly different to earlier when my bluetooth adaptor would engage but  stil baffling. Will try the safe mode.

Thanks

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

Will the USB device(s) work in Safe Mode (F8 before Windows loads)?  If so, it is likely a driver problem.  If not, try a different USB cable - if the device(s) still don't work, it sounds like a hardware problem with the ports.

3 Posts

I should say that my bluetooth adaptor wouldn't work before !

No Events found!