Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 24th, 2013 19:00

Unable to connect to projector. No projector detected.

Computer Dell XPS L502x

Windows 7

I tried to connect my flat screen through HDMI cord. I have done this many times. Usually  the computer automatically detects the connection. When it didnt I used the function connection. It didn't work and the message Unable to connect to projector. No projector detected came up. Called Tect support . They stated this is a software problem which I no longer have support for. Anyone know how to fix this?

3.8K Posts

February 24th, 2013 19:00

Hi,

Welcome to the Community. Connect the laptop to the TV. Set the TV input to HDMI 1 or HDMI 2 depends on which port you connected it to. Restart your laptop and check if it works.

Thank you.

2 Posts

February 24th, 2013 20:00

Thanks . I had already taken that step. I reinstalled the NVIDIA drivers and this allowed my computer to connect to the flat screen. Thanks for the help though and the welcome.

March 4th, 2013 20:00

Hi

I bought My Dell inspiron M5010 from Best Buy on May 2011.

However, it cannot startup 2 weeks ago. I get 7 beeps on startup and my screen remains black. I already tried different procedures to fix the problem (removing battery, let the computer cool down etc.) but nothing helped. I took it to Best  Buy and under DIAG determination, repair comments that " Beep codes point to bad
processor".  My notebook is only 20 months olds.  May you help me.  

My name: Phuoc Trang Hua

My address: 5408 NW 114th st, OKC, OK 73162

My laptop service tag: JW1P1N1

Express service code: 43296630157

Sincerely

No Events found!