Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 18th, 2017 08:00

Warranty Issues

I purchused my XPS 15 from England in April 2016. Lat January some problems started with laptop and I was instructed to do warranty transfer. I did it in February, but never received the answer from DELL!!

I took it to local agent, and they told me to leave the laptop with them (to diagnose the problem) and in the mean time to try to do warranty transfer again. I did warranty transfer again in April, but again, never received the confirmation from DELL!!!

Finally my local agent received emal from DELL (upon requesting the spare parts), to tell them that my lap top has warranty expired on 28th of April, and they can't send spare parts, although I left my laptop for service before the warranty expired!!!

I also tried to phone directly to DELL, but no help, as the people on line are very unhelpfull, and immediatelly cut the line, without explanation.

Anybody here in the forum, might know how to tuckle this issue???

It looks that something didn't function properly in the DELL system for warranty transfer and support, and I believe somebody should help, as it can ruin the company's reputation!!!

Branko

532 Posts

June 14th, 2017 05:00

Hi Branko,

Welcome to our community.

You’ve reached the right department and we are here to assist you. We regret any inconvenience caused. We’ll surely try to help within Dell support boundaries. Kindly, share the following information via private message, so that we can check for more details and assist you. To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

1. Service tag/ express service code
2. Email address
3. Registered owner’s name of the system

The Service Tag is a 7-character code, and the Express Service Tag is a 10-digit code that is a numeric version of the Service Tag. Both codes are on the bottom of your laptop. You can also refer to this link youtube.com/watch which is a video that shows steps to find the service tag.

No Events found!