Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 23rd, 2011 19:00

Webcam Central for Precision M6500

Where do I download the latest version of Dell Webcam Central for Windows 7 x64 for the Dell Precision M6500? I can't find it under downloads after selecting the M6500 or entering my Service Tag. 

I know I do not NEED it, but is it worth installing?

904 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 22:00

Hi

Dell Webcam Central is just like any other webcam application, however this software also installs the driver required for your webcam to work.

Windows 7 automatically installs the driver, If you are able to use ur webcam then its ok, else use the following link to download the webcam software.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/m/laptop/19814533.aspx

76 Posts

January 23rd, 2011 23:00

Thanks. I see your post with the download link was just added. Was it just updated or was the download previously unavailable? Why isn't it on the downloads page?

904 Posts

January 24th, 2011 01:00

Thanks. I see your post with the download link was just added. Was it just updated or was the download previously unavailable? Why isn't it on the downloads page?

Well this version is the updated one. 

We are facing problems with our servers, most of the files have gone missing from the download site.

Thats why for the time being we have to create another download link.

1 Message

March 19th, 2012 16:00

I am looking for a 64 bit driver for my webcam for M6500. The driver was not found on downloads page...Your link is no longer active...I downloaded webcam central software but it says it does not have a valid driver....

No Events found!