Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

E

August 31st, 2012 08:00

XPS 1702x Mouse Pad Issue

Some debris (sand) ended up on my keyboard so I wiped it with a towel, but unfortunately some got down into between the keyboard keys.  After restarting my computer the keyboard works fine, but the mousepad navigation isn't working.  The mousepad keys themselves work fine, but I can't move the mouse using my finger.  Should I attempt to open the laptop and blow-out any remaining sand?

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

August 31st, 2012 09:00

Hi expinch,

Press < Fn >< F3 > to disable or enable the Touchpad. Try cleaning the touchpad and keyboard using a can of compressed air and check if it works. In case it doesn’t work “Request you to private message me your system service tag number. To private message, accept my friend request; click on my user name and click start conversation.”

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.

29 Posts

September 1st, 2012 08:00

Senthil,

I tried to PM you but am not sure where I'm supposed to track these conversations.  

4 Operator

• 

2.5K Posts

September 3rd, 2012 13:00

Hi expinch,

I would recommend you to clean the system without taking it apart. Also, I have checked the system details; unfortunately the system is out of warranty. Temporarily you can use the external mouse (USB / Wireless) and if you would like to get the touchpad fixed please contact the Out of warranty department at 1-800-288-4410.

Thanks and regards,
Senthil S
#iworkfordell.

No Events found!