Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 17th, 2010 23:00

XPS M1330 Windows 7 + Bluetooth not working

I have searched through many forums, gave Dell online support a try, and have found no solution to my problem. So I am going to give this a try.

I have a XPS M1330 that came with Windows Vista. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 and finally got all of the drivers working except for bluetooth. I have no bluetooth icon in the taskbar, and no bluetooh settings in the control panel. I checked Bios and it says bluetooth is in fact enabled. I try and try the drivers for windows Vista since Vista drivers are supposed to be compatible with 7, and I either get a message saying that I am using an incompatible OS, or I begin the installation and a dialog box pops up telling me to turn the bluetooth on with the radio switch or Function+F2. Both of which do nothing. I hit function+F2 and of course nothing happens. I have even tried an international Toshiba driver because someone said it would work for Dell's too. No luck.  I am trying to connect with my phone and it doesn't find my laptop.

Any ideas, suggestions, tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I saw this other forum on here that sounded like the exact same problem I am having. The patch and the driver did not work.

Help!

No Responses!
No Events found!