Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 23rd, 2015 07:00

i7352 won't wake up from external keyboard or mouse

I have a brand new Inspiron 7352 pre-installed with Windows 10 with a docking station and external keyboard, mouse, and monitor. Due to limited space, I would like to keep the laptop closed all the time and tucked away under a monitor stand. When the laptop goes to sleep, the only way to wake it is to open the lid and push the power button. I would really like to be able to wake it up using my external keyboard or mouse. I spent 90+ minutes online last night with Geek Squad help. Here is the conclusion they reached: when you open Device Manager and look at either the external keyboard or mouse, there are NO power options (unlike earlier versions of Windows?). This seems to be a limitation of this laptop + this version of Windows. Geek Squad suggested that I contact Dell Support and see if any fixes are available.

4 Operator

• 

3.5K Posts

October 23rd, 2015 16:00

The Inspiron 8532 has USB wake support disabled by default.  If you haven't done so enter the BIOS (hold the shift key while clicking on restart, choose startup settings and BIOS). Once in the BIOS choose the advanced tab and select USB wake support, and choose enabled. Then check to see if you are able to wake the notebook with keyboard or mouse.

TB

No Events found!