Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 3rd, 2014 20:00

latitude e6420 won't go into bios or boot.

When I boot my latitude e6420, it shows the dell logo, and the progress bar goes to the end.  Then the computer just stops.  Retried, and pressed f12 to get into bios/preboot options to perform the maintenance check, but it never gets any further than the dell logo screen.  Is this a bios issue? or other hardware issue?

3 Apprentice

• 

540 Posts

April 4th, 2014 12:00

Hi veedub89,

Thanks for the post. This could be the result of several problems, I would recommend a little more troubleshooting to try and pin down the issue.

1)      Are you able to Boot to the system Diagnostics before it locks up?

2)      Does the system have any external, USB, peripheral devices attached? If yes test with them removed.

3)      It’s possible a removal internal component could have failed and is causing the system to fail. Removing internal components, such as the Hard Drive / Optical Driver / Wireless cards and memory, individually and testing the system between removals is a great way to pin the problem down.

Dell Latitude E6420

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_laptop/esuprt_latitude_laptop/latitude-e6420_owner's%20manual_en-us.pdf

Let us know how it goes,

4 Posts

April 8th, 2015 00:00

Hello, I have exactly the same problem as described above, I have tried to remove all internal and external peripherals, but it does not matter the result, the computer still hangs on Dell logo, pressing f2 f5 f12 also no reaction

1 Message

January 23rd, 2017 06:00

I have in my hands a dell e6420 with the same problem ... the disarm and I found that I did not have the thermal gel of the video chip .... after several attempts to enter the bios I reached the entral and I realized that it was slow Moment I think the video is over hot

No Events found!