Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2013 18:00

missing network controller

I reinstalled Win 7 on my inspiron N4010 and cannot find driver for network controller. I have tried everything   

9 Legend

• 

87.5K Posts

July 28th, 2013 18:00

First, you must install the chipset driver.

ftp.dell.com/.../R255577.exe

Then install the wired Ethernet driver

ftp.dell.com/.../R255590.exe

Then install the wireless driver (you'll need to determine which model wireless card you have;  look up the Original Configuration at support.dell.com).  The base model uses this card:

ftp.dell.com/.../R252536.exe

4 Operator

• 

3.3K Posts

July 29th, 2013 07:00

Hi addie762,

After reinstalling the Operating system, ensure to install drivers in the correct order.

Refer the following link which has more information to install the drivers in correct order:

http://dell.to/ZoD26H

To install the correct Wireless card drivers, we need to know the correct Model/Devuce ID of the wireless card.

Do follow the steps below to check which network card you have in the machine:

• Click on the Start button and then choose Control Panel.
  • Click on the System and Security link.
  • In the System and Security window, click on the Administrative Tools heading located near the bottom of the window.
  • From Administrative Tools, double-click on the Computer Management icon.
  • When Computer Management opens, click on Device Manager on the left side of the window, located toward the bottom of the list under System Tools.
  • Device Manager should now appear on the right side of the Computer Management window.
  • Right click the Network adapter. In the Properties window click on Details tab and select Device Instance Id from the drop down.

Or else you can private message me the service tag of the computer so that I can find out the wireless driver.

To private message the service tag click my User name and click Start conversation.

Awaiting your response!

No Events found!