Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

Closed

2 Posts

October 17th, 2006 22:00

svchost.exe error causing audio problems??

Every time I start up my computer, I get this error < svchost.exe-Application Error >  it says The instruction at "0x745f2780" referenced memory at "0x00000000."  The memory could not be "read."

Then the Generic Host Process for Win32 Services window pops up.  It says < Generic Host Process for Win 32 Services has encountered a problem and needs to close. >  The Error signature is < szAppName: svchost.exe   szAppVer: 5.1.2600.2180  szMosName: msi.dll  szModVer: 3.1.4000.2435  offset: 00012780 >

The Error Report Contents are :

C:\DOCUME~1\Al\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2fd.dir00\svchost.exe.mdmp

C:\DOCUME~1\Al\LOCALS~1\Temp\WERa2fd.dir00\appcompat.txt

What the heck is going on here???  It's driving me crazy and for some reason not allowing me to have sound on my computer.  Every time this pops up, I go and check my audio drivers and software in the control panel, and they are there but is shows that I have no audio playback devices.  Please help me and fix this stupid problem.

4 Operator

• 

13.6K Posts

October 18th, 2006 01:00

It could be this worm:

link

Jim

1 Message

December 20th, 2006 12:00

I am experiencing the same problem exactly!?  Everything that I have attempted thus far has done nothing to fix the problem.
Have you had any success fixing this problem?  Please let me know. Thanks.

2 Posts

December 20th, 2006 18:00

Nothing I've done has worked.  It seems to go in spurts though.  The only way I get around it is to make sure to open everything I want up before the error pops up.  For some reason it allows me to have my sound if I do that, but it is a pain.  I am almost to the point of reinstalling my whole computer. But I really hate doing that.  The link to the worm removal above did not work.  I have no idea what to do.  If you end up finding something, please post on this thread.

Message Edited by Nu77 on 12-20-200602:10 PM

December 21st, 2006 00:00

I had the same problem but it has now stopped. All I needed to do was do a windows update and that solved it for me. Just click on the windows update button. Go to the START button, then All Programes then WINDOWS UPDATE should be at the top. I hope this helps, if not good luck. By the way I have a Inspiron 6400. You might have the same problem as me if you have the same laptop.
Mark
No Events found!