Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 9th, 2012 16:00

web cam and camera not working inspiron 1525

hi my web cam and camera have stoped working says i need to reconnect. The light come on but it remains blank,i tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling did not help and did a diagnostic with dell tools and it says everything is ok....noone seems to be able to fix this.

The only fix i have seem is this link..http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itprohardware/thread/138bf554-b687-495c-b19f-9548ec16e7cf .but i was not updating as this guy was.and that seems way to difficult for me to attept..does anyone (or dell!!!!!!!) KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS?

thanks

MOC

July 9th, 2012 17:00

Hi mickoc,

Welcome to the community.

In this case you can try reinstalling the webcam application using the following link-

http://tinyurl.com/22wkbfa

Let me know of the findings. Glad to be of assistance.

DELL-Chiranjeev S

Social Outreach Professional

You can reach us at http://en.community.dell.com/

7 Posts

July 9th, 2012 18:00

thanks for the reply i tried that  ran that and updated and restarted and is still the same...any other ideas?? what google it seems a common problem...but u cant seem to get a fix...boo hoo help :)

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 10th, 2012 06:00

mickoc,

Please read and answer the questions that I asked, below.

Did you recently install/reinstall the operating system? If yes, did you install the drivers i the correct order? How to Download and Install Drivers in the Correct Order

Try reading...

Troubleshooting the Dell Webcam and Dell Webcam Central Software

Also try running the Webcam Diagnostics

Did the webcam show in the symptom tree?

Any error messages?

Is the computer under warranty?

Rick

7 Posts

July 11th, 2012 14:00

no i didnt reinstall operating system...i didnt install anything...the webcam and camera just stopped working..the blue light come on..it seems to think it is working...i dont even know much about computers...i tryed trouble shooting and diagnostics....it passes diagnostics....but when i try to take a photo is it gives this error message "unable to capture a photo. please reconnect your camera"

maybe some new update did this??... if you google that error message will get alot on this...but no fix or easy one..

say thissome say restore to an earlier date...but i dont seem to have an earlier date...laptop is like 3 years old...warranty is up....im sure this is a software problem....

any ideas?....

can you google this - unable to capture a photo. please reconnect your camera

make you can make better sence of it....

thanks again...

7 Posts

July 11th, 2012 14:00

you must have to install the DELL WEBCAM MANAGER along with drivers to use the webcam

make sure you have both the things installed :

1. webcam manager : ftp.us.dell.com/.../R168730.EXE

2. driver : ftp.us.dell.com/.../R165116.EXE

is this true....???

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

July 11th, 2012 18:00

mickoc,

Windows 7 is supposed to provide the webcam drivers for most Dell computers except a few XPS Models.

Since you said the webcam passed the Webcam diagnostics and did the webcam show in the symptom tree, then try...

Start, control panel, user accounts, and create a new unrestricted user account. Then try the webcam and see if it works. It should work, then log out. Log back in to your account and try the webcam.

What happens?

Rick

9 Legend

• 

30.3K Posts

August 1st, 2012 16:00

mickoc,

You said, that you ran the Webcam Diagnostics

You also said the webcam showed in the symptom tree, correct?

Rick

7 Posts

August 1st, 2012 16:00

thanks for reply....i tried that and same problem...sorry i have been kinda busy...and this is annoying me too much!! :) thought it might have been simple to fix...oh well...grrr

No Events found!