Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 22nd, 2011 03:00

what type to customer care is this...

I purchased a Dell M1530 2 years before with 2 years warranty,, since then i already changed my motherboard, Charger, Battery, Hard disk.

Now again I am getting problem with the battery charging, i called the customer care they told me that it need to change the motherboard again. I first called my complaint on 3rd May 2011, they told  me that i have to transferred my serivce tag, I did it on 12 may, but until 23 may i dint get any reply from Customer care. 

i again called them today, they told me that they dont have any motherboard in stock now, so i have to remind them again after 3 days, what a customer care is this?

should i have to remind them again & again for the same problem, they cant even keep a record of open complaints .

90 Posts

May 22nd, 2011 15:00

This is Dell, so both from my experience and that of many who use these forums, yes, you will have to remind them again and again.

I suggest that if you have a case number to use the Unresolved issues link at the bottom of the page to follow it up. It may be best to communicate with Dell by email once you have an email address as it's easy to say something on the phone and not do anything about it. At least with an email you will have a record of what should be happening. If you don't have a case number, ask for one.

Good luck and I hope it doesn't take too to get some action.

Then again if your system is near the end of the 2 years warranty it may be worth looking at other options depending on how much they will want to charge you to extend the warranty and change the motherboard.

2.2K Posts

May 22nd, 2011 17:00

I'd also consider asking them for a replacement machine.

Since the motherboards for that model (and all other nVidia infected machines) are in short supply, they may grant you that wish.

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2011 09:00

Hi Hrova,

Thanks for the reply,

but what's the meaning of a replacement machine (its a new one or a old one).

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2011 09:00

I asked them for a extended warranty but they will only extend the warranty , when they will fix my laptop.

but you gave me a good idea, next time I will ask them case number, but its really frustrating to call them again & again, because its not a toll free number here (local calls are quite expensive here) & another it takes a long time to just spell them my service tag number & name...

No Events found!