Ein neues Gespräch starten

Ungelöst

Dieser Beitrag ist älter als 5 Jahre

October 9th, 2015 05:00

Dell D630 Bios update failed not booting anymore (black screen) ...

Dear all,

I tried to update the BIOS of my Dell D630 under Windows 10. It failed with an error. During shutdown of Windows 10 I noticed that it's took serveral minutes. I switched the power off. This was maybe my problem. After this shutdown I'm not able to start again the notebook. The screen remains black (the video is ok due to test with pressing "D" during power on). Is it possible to force a flash of the bios via some dos disk (I've a 3,5" disc) of this broken BIOS notebook? I've also tried to clear CMOS settings via temporary switching off battery for BIOS on motherboard.

Thank you in advance,

Andreas.

7 Nachrichten

October 9th, 2015 06:00

What type of bios has the Dell D630? Is it a phoenix bios. Then I will try the recommendation from the following side: www.bios-mods.com/.../phoenix-bios-recovery

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

October 9th, 2015 08:00

Hello Andreas,

I've updated my post. Please see the above text.

Regards,

Florian

7 Nachrichten

Thank you, I copied the D630_A19.hdr file to an empty FAT formatted usb stick. Step 6 works (NUM, CAP, and SCROLL are on and fan speed become maximal). But the BIOS is not flashed. Power goes down immediately after END + AC adapter in. What type of name should have the HDR file?

7 Nachrichten

Currently I had no luck with the WINCRISIS tool for flashing the bios. I have created a USB stick with all 3 files. But using FN+B during power on the flashing don't occur. Tried also WIN+B and FN+ESC. No luck. Could anybody help?

Thank you in advance,

Andreas.

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

Hello Andreas,

yes the D630 uses a Dell branded Phoenix BIOS.

Try using our guide to recover your BIOS:

"...A Corrupt BIOS can sometimes be recovered using the built in BIOS Crisis Recovery Mode using a bootable USB key. The following BIOS recovery steps should work on any portable system with a Dell BIOS built after 2003. You will need a bootable USB key and a seperate functional system for this process.>

1. On a separate functional computer, download the BIOS flash for the troubled system and save it to the C: drive. Open a Command Prompt.

2. At the prompt, type c: and press <Enter>. At the C: prompt, type biosflashname –writehdrfile. (or biosflashname /writeomfile if you receive an error) This will create an .HDR with the same file name as the BIOS flash. The HDR file will end up in the same location as the BIOS flash executable was ran from, the C: drive.

3. Copy the .hdr file from C: to a bootable USB key.

4. Remove AC adapter from the system to be recovered. The battery can stay in.

5. Insert the USB key into any open USB port on the notebook.

6. Hold down the <End >key while inserting the AC adapter. One of the system LEDs (most likely the battery status LED) will flash amber. Release the <End > key within one or two seconds of the amber LED turning on. NOTE: If the key is not released within one or two seconds of the amber LED turning on, the system will abort crisis recovery mode, and will instead attempt to boot normally. If you this correctly, the NUM, CAP, and SCROLL lock lights should all come on and the fan should spin at high speed.

7. The BIOS will be automatically updated. When the operation is complete, the system will shut itself off.

This works with any Phoenix -based BIOS, although the crisis key may not be the key. "

With kind regards,

Florian

7 Nachrichten

Hello Florian,

good, then the WINCRISIS tool from Phoenix seems the right tool. What keys do I have to press when power on for the Dell D630 to recognize the flashing from USB stick? Currently I found that no above key combination is working!

Thank you in advance,

Andreas.

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

October 12th, 2015 02:00

Hello,

there is no special file name to use. Every file name should work.

Have you tried it multiple times? Have you tried a different USB port?

Step 6 states, that one of the LEDs should flash, but as you said, all LEDs are on, not flashing.

If this does not work, a new BIOS Chip or a new Systemboard will be needed.

Kind Regards,

Florian

1 Nachricht

January 3rd, 2016 15:00

Hello Florian

I have the same problem as stated by  Andreas on 9-Oct-15.

According to step 6 of your description NUM, CAP, and SCROLL lock lights all turn on and the fan spins at high speed. However shortly after it the Laptop shuts down.

Was there a solution to this problem or do I need a new bios chip ?

Regards,

Wolfgang

4 Operator

• 

4.8K Nachrichten

January 8th, 2016 04:00

Hello Wolfgang,

I haven't received any further feedback. Therefore I'm unable to tell what the solution was.

As step 6 failed, I recommend to replace the BIOS chip.

Please feel free to post in German language, if this is your native language.

Regards,

Florian

1 Nachricht

February 15th, 2016 12:00

This post helped me.  Thank you!!

I ran D630_A19.exe from Windows 10 and it hung up.

Ran this procedure with the D630_A19.hdr file on a Win 8.1 bootable USB and it worked.  Now at A19.

Merci beaucoup

Keine Veranstaltungen gefunden!