Ein neues Gespräch starten

Ungelöst

Dieser Beitrag ist älter als 5 Jahre

S

August 17th, 2016 05:00

Temporary power save mode of monitors connected with laptop via docking station

My new DELL laptop (Latitude E7470, July 2016) is attached to a DELL docking station. Two DELL monitors (2408WFP) are connected to the docking station via DVI-D1 port. In some cases, after a break, when reactivating the monitors while the laptop is closed, the monitors start to show the DVI-D1 symbol, go black for 2 seconds and come back again for 2 seconds, repeating this procedure in an infinite loop. A power cable is plugged into the docking station and the energy option for the laptop is set to "do nothing" for "plugged in". The graphic board of my laptop is "Intel(R) HD Graphics 520". How can I avoid the periodic blackout? Is it a problem of the laptop, the graphic board, the docking station or even the monitors?

4 Operator

• 

5.4K Nachrichten

August 17th, 2016 07:00

Hi,

This article  describes your problem. Could you please check it out and follow the troubleshooting steps in it.

Thanks and Greetings

Tom

10 Nachrichten

August 17th, 2016 08:00

I'm now following the suggested article <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell>. I downloaded "Dell System Detect" (DSD) and can see the icon with the blue snake-like arrow in the system tray. However, I can't start DSD, I only get the right-click-options "Information" and "Stop". I'm working with "Windows 10 Pro" which some forum users reported problems with when trying to use DSD. I've tried their solution: install DSD in a specific folder (C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Apps\2.0\). I end up with the same problem: only "Information" and "Stop" are available. How should I proceed now?

4 Operator

• 

5.4K Nachrichten

August 17th, 2016 23:00

Hi,

The article describes nothing about DSD (?). DSD has the only function to detect your system for the dell website.

4 Operator

• 

5.4K Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 00:00

Could you please use this page to download your drivers.

At this page you can:

Point 4 - update the videodriver

Point 5 - update MST Hub firmware

10 Nachrichten

I regrettably have not found a numbered list with "point 4 - update the videodriver" and "point 5 - update MST Hub firmware". I've found fold-out elements "Application", "Audio", ..., "Video" instead.

For "point 4 - update the videodriver" I went to the fold-out element "Video" and chose the first (Video_Driver_N8YN8_WN32_20.19.15.4454_A03.EXE) of the three options as I have a graphic card "Intel HD Graphics 520" on my Latitude E7470.

For "point 5 - update MST Hub firmware" I've not found an appropriate fold-out element. Where should it be?

The problem unfortunately still exists although the video driver is updated.

10 Nachrichten

The article <ADMIN NOTE: Broken link has been removed from this post by Dell> guides me to "Dell System Detect": step 3 of the "Recommended troubleshooting steps" of the article  suggests to visit the Drivers & Downloads where I go. After entering the Service Tag an clicking "Submit", the window "Optimize your system with drivers and updates" appears. After clicking "Detect Drivers", this window tells me to install "Dell System Detect". Please let me know if this is the wrong way to go in my case.

4 Operator

• 

5.4K Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 01:00

You can find the MST Hub Firmware in the Video Section - here is an direct link to the Download. The videodriver which you have already downloaded is the correct one.

4 Operator

• 

5.4K Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 02:00

This is for 32 and 64 bit OS. So if there was an installation and no errormessage all should be fine.

Did you have update the bios (here) too?

10 Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 02:00

I have downloaded "Video_Firmware_WNV4C_WN32_3.10.1_A01.EXE" and restarted the computer. The problem still exists. From the name containing "WN32" I have the impression it is for 32bit systems. I have a 64bit system. Is my impression correct?

The only approach which still helps out so far is:

- log off

- open laptop screen

- perform login from laptop keyboard

- wait for login process to complete

- close laptop screen

This workaround is secure, however undesired. That's why I'm still looking for a more suitable solution.

10 Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 05:00

I have now updated the bios (Latitude_E7x70_01.07.03.exe) as suggested. The problem still persists.

Reminder: there is no problem when starting the laptop on the docking station and entering the username/password on the laptop-keyboard. It's always a problem when logging in after having locked the screen or logged off for a break (regardless whether the credentials are entered on the laptop- or the external keyboard).

I've found out in the meantime, that the docking station is the one which has been delivered with Latitude E6520 some years ago. I adopted it to use it with my Latitude E7470.

4 Operator

• 

5.4K Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 05:00

i understood the problem. Is this the docking station with USB 3 or has it only USB 2 ports? If you have a possibility it can be useful to test another one - possible newer. Has your docking station USB 2 and USB 3 ports or only USB 2?

I already checked out that there are cases already escalated to engineering which are related to your issue. 

4 Operator

• 

5.4K Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 06:00

Can you give me the serial number at the bottom of the eport - its like CN-0PW380-...

PR02X is the second generation of the eports. Your one should have USB 3 ports (blue ports at the back). No you cant check the dock when notebook is docked - an undock is necessary.

10 Nachrichten

The serial number is CN-0CY640-12961-198-D623-A05

The USB ports are black, not blue, apparently indicating USB 2.0.

The back of my docking station looks exactly as the one seen on ebay although the one on ebay is presented as a docking station with USB 3.0 ports.

It's interesting that the USB dock matters here as nothing is plugged via the USB port now. I've only plugged in the power cable, keyboard, mouse, 2 monitors and network cable which all use other ports than USB.

10 Nachrichten

It's difficult to tell as I can't identify it from the exemplar which I have here. I have a docking station model PR02X for which I've seen on ebay and amazon that exemplars exist with USB port 2.0. How can I check? What information written on the docking station gives unique hint regarding USB port? Is there an option to check the docking station as peripheral while docked to it?

10 Nachrichten

August 18th, 2016 07:00

That's a suggestion I will try out. It will take time until I get it and test it. I will come back to this discussion to let you know how it is doing. Thank you for your support and patience.

Keine Veranstaltungen gefunden!