Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

8 Posts

May 19th, 2021 21:00

Activation on Latitude 3190 (Pro Education - Embedded Key)

I had a key on this Dell Latitude 3190 that held standard Education Edition of Windows 10. I was in the process of installing 21H1* when I was forced to shut my laptop off mid-update. So I reinstalled Windows 10 version 21H1* (clean install as I had my files backed up to OneDrive).

Now I've restored my system but I'm having trouble with activation. This laptop came with a Pro Education key embedded into the system, so Windows installer chose to install Pro Education edition of Windows.

The error I'm getting is 0x8007023E ("We cannot activate Windows on this device right now.")

I have also asked in MS Community forum as I am unclear what the issue is (I prefer not to link or you will see me ranting).

The error is not listed in the MS Activation errors page and this laptop is completely up to date with no pending updates whatsoever.

- Jay S

*Windows 10 Version 21H1 came out on Wednesday 19 May 2021 (Australian Time)

May 20th, 2021 14:00

Ok I actually forgot I also posted here yesterday. The issue fixed itself last night. Windows has activated and the issue seems to be gone. I think the error is just a network error, since at night I was on a completely different WiFi network.

• 

25.3K Posts

May 20th, 2021 15:00

Hi,

I have replied to you from a private message.

-Gautam.

No Events found!