Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 26th, 2019 03:00

An annoying screen after adding a SSD hard drive

When I turn on the device, this screen appears, and then stand a few seconds, how can I get rid of it
3DFE3405-1E3A-4D47-97EE-7330806A0DBC.jpg

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

February 27th, 2019 09:00

Even if you're not using RAID, it appears that the SATA Operation of that system is set to RAID mode to enable the Intel Rapid Storage controller.  The reason that screen is popping up now is because now that you have multiple disks, you would be able to set up RAID if you wanted to, and that prompt is your opportunity to do so.  It would have been skipped when you only had a single disk installed because obviously you can't set up RAID with one disk.

If you switch your SATA Operation in the BIOS to AHCI mode, the Rapid Storage controller would be disabled, and therefore that screen won't pop up -- but that setting is only meant to be changed prior to installing an OS.  Changing that setting will cause any OS installed while it was in the previous setting to no longer boot.  There are apparently steps that you can perform in order to "transition" an existing OS over to use the other SATA Operation mode that involve taking some steps upfront and going through Safe Mode once or something, but I hadn't looked into that in detail.

7 Technologist

• 

12K Posts

February 26th, 2019 05:00

The picture will not be visible until the moderator approves it. Could you please post the model number of your system?

6 Posts

February 26th, 2019 08:00

I'd installed WIN10 Home 64 bit build version 1809, But I think it is not related to the operating system

5.6K Posts

February 27th, 2019 07:00

Is your BIOS set up for RAID  or something?

6 Posts

February 27th, 2019 08:00

No, However, I reset it and nothing changed

No Events found!