Start a Conversation

Unsolved

F

4 Posts

July 5th, 2022 08:00

Boot issues.

I have a dell latitude 3470 laptop. Whenever I try connecting it to a charger the charger cuts off power coming to the laptop. Can someone help with this? Can someone tell me what's wrong with my laptop? Thanks.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

July 5th, 2022 11:00

Generally that indicates a short somewhere. Either the DC jack on the laptop has a bent or broken pin or the motherboard charging circuit is at fault, or even the adapter can be having problems. Run diagnostics, F12 at boot) and watch for battery or adapter problems. Are you using a genuine Dell OEM adapter and battery?

July 5th, 2022 13:00

Thanks

July 5th, 2022 13:00

You see I cannot run diagnostics because as soon as I plugged the charging pin in power gets cut off so I have to remove the charger from the power source and plug it in again.

9 Legend

• 

12.2K Posts

July 5th, 2022 14:00

So I am wondering still, are you using a genuine Dell OEM adapter and battery? Also did you make any changes to the system before the problem started?

July 5th, 2022 23:00

Yes the adapter is genuine adapter. No I didn't make any changes

4 Operator

• 

6.2K Posts

July 6th, 2022 12:00

Welcome to the Dell Community @foreignstar 

If the DC jack is not damaged "Shotgun" the laptop.

That means disconnect everything from the system board except the power connector.

With everything disconnected connect the AC adapter.

If the light on the AC goes out then you have a shorted system board.

If the light stays on then it is something you disconnected from the system board that is causing the AC adapter light to go out.

If the light stays on disconnect the AC and connect ONE of the things you disconnected.

Connect the AC.

If the light stays on go on to the next thing you disconnected and repeat.

If at any time the light goes out then that would be the component that has failed.

Best regards,

U2

https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/en-us/latitude-3470-laptop/lat3470/removing-the-system-board?guid=guid-b39401d1-a10a-4269-9669-17307e805ff2&lang=en-us

No Events found!