Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

1 Message

July 11th, 2022 00:00

Dell Dock WD19 + HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-eu0xxx - Constant disconnect - reconnect

Dell Dock WD19

Dell Dock WD19

Hello
May be it is not the problem of Dell, rather Microsoft, as I discovered, lot of people have similar problem (https://www.dell.com/community/Latitude/Dell-WD19-Docking-Station-keeps-connecting-and-disconnecting/td-p/7786106).
My docking station Dell Dock WD19 starts and keeps connecting and disconnecting on one of my laptops (HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15-eu0xxx )
Each connect-disconnect writes record in Windows Event Viewer The server could not bind to the transport \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{F7344632-62C4-47C9-A27F-BA260966CDD0} because another computer on the network has the same name. The server could not start., EventId 2505
No other devices with same name in the network.
Two other laptops (Pro (Dell) and Gaming (Lenovo)) works fine.
Have you any information about this issue in your knowledge base?
Thank you

2 Posts

January 24th, 2023 18:00

Not sure if you solved this. I had the same problem and noticed it seems to be happening only when the battery is charging. I am speculating the dock does not have enough amps to charge the battery and do everything else - power all the peripherals and drive multiple monitors. 

1 Message

March 13th, 2023 02:00

I have the same issue and can confirm that it only happens when charging battery less than 95%  - once it reached 95% it seemed to stop - in the past its magically stopped and I suspect that was again because the battery is charged.   I think that the charging is not correctly managing power but I can find no way to adjust this.   has anyone managed to reduce the power used for charging.  - plugging in the main PSU at the same time doesnt do that as usbc charging seems to take precedence. 

May 23rd, 2023 11:00

hi.  how did you connect your computer to that docking station?
i have the same laptop, but only usb 3.0 and 2.0, & hdmi ports only, no usb-c port...

March 19th, 2024 12:07

@phil1579​ thanks for the battery diagnosis. I wasn't able to see it.

Maybe the problem is that the Dell station and/or the HP computer (without Thunderbolt) try again and again to power the computer with the station when the battery is below a certain point ?

(edited)

No Events found!