Start a Conversation

Unsolved

JB

2 Posts

December 10th, 2019 06:00

Dell Latitude 5400/5500 Wifi drops

We recently purchased a new batch of latitude 5400 and 5500s. I downloaded the windows 10 driver pack from the dell website for each and imported them into our MDT server. I have successfully imaged multiple machines with no errors. All devices and drivers install.

The issue we have is on these models is he wifi drops out on them at random. I have most noticed it when opening my laptop after sleeping it, but it is happening during use as well. 

Essentially, no websites will load, but I can ping out to external IPs and DNS names. Everything else just stops loading. After restarting the computer, it works fine.

I have tried reimaging the computers again, installing the latest intel 9560 wifi drivers from Dells website and Intel's website. I have tried older drivers. I just cannot narrow this down or figure out what is causing this.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks

February 7th, 2020 02:00

The same happens on Latitude 7400.

February 7th, 2020 04:00

I believe it was our Anti-virus software causing this issue. I am not sure if it is a hardware compatibility issue with that version or what. We use Forticlient EMS as our anti-virus solution. On the computers that have been experiencing the issue, if I shutdown forticlient on their systems, it instantly starts working. If I turn Forticlient back on, it stops working. Forticlient gives no errors in the logs about any of this.

We have not experienced this issue in a while, but I am not sure what we did to fix it. Within the last 4 months, we rolled back a snapshot on our mdt server, so its possible the Forticlient application to be installed on clients from there was corrupted. We were also out of space on our ems server, maybe addingore space fixed it? On specific computers that have been having this issue, uninstalling Forticlient and then reinstalling it sometimes works, but I also upgrade them to Forticlient 6.0.9. They would previously be on 6.0.8. 

I don't believe we've experienced this on 7400s, but at this time we only have a single 7400 in our environment and it was setup manually and not through MDT. 

At this time, I think more testing is required for us to determine what exactly caused this issue, but I think it does involve Forticlient in some manner. 

1 Message

April 15th, 2020 16:00

Same issue on Dell Latitude 5400. Just got it straight from Dell a few weeks ago. Can't imagine why AV would be an issue, but I use Norton.

4 Operator

• 

4K Posts

April 16th, 2020 03:00

Can you try to reboot your router and try flush DNS?

No Events found!