Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

1 Message

April 24th, 2019 07:00

Dell Latitude 7390 overheating and maximum fan speed when being charge.

HELP! Anyone Please. My Dell latitude 7390 2 in 1 13" laptop is overheating and the fan is spinning at a maximum RPM when ever I plug the power cable. I have just update the bios and drivers, with no luck of fixing this issue. I've been doing some research but unable to find the answer. I'm quite sure that this is a common issue for other latitude users as well. Your input would be highly appreciated. Cheers.

2 Posts

July 2nd, 2019 09:00

same issue, laptop become very hot and FAN run at max speed when plug in the AC adapter

July 3rd, 2019 00:00

Hi CapaAlphaSigma,

You can follow the link and make sure all the mentioned drivers are updated to latest. https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=88f7h&oscode=wt64a&productcode=latitude-13-7390-laptop

Update the Intel DPTF driver to version 8.3.10207.5567 ,A09 or later and reboot the system to make the changes taking effect link for the driver is https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=mjtgy

PM for any further questions or concerns.

1 Message

September 2nd, 2019 01:00

Hi,

Did overheating issue got resolved? I am planning to buy 7390 need inputs.

Thanks,

Marthand

1 Message

August 26th, 2022 04:00

Apart from my 7390 I have a 7480 that is suffering from the same issue.

I had my battery changed recently to rule out a potential issue with it, although it was working well but it did not fix the issue.

When the computer is disconnected from the charger its fans slow down, the heat dissipates and it works like a charm for many hours until I plug it back in again.

It does not make a difference if the battery is empty or fully charged. When the computer is on it heats up. While switched off and charging there's no excess heat.

Weirdest thing is that the issue started about a year after I got it.

1 Message

March 27th, 2023 13:00

anyone solved this issue?

2 Posts

May 13th, 2023 10:00

Whats the use of this option to start a topic if there is no response? @Dell

Same issue here, I’m don’t know much about IT but can’t see how installing drivers can make a difference. Any other suggestions? I did try the driver part by the way.

June 29th, 2023 23:00

Hi,

You can try to disable "Intel TurboBoost" in bios (in Performance Settings). Or you can put a pen (or something else) underneath the computer to help the fan and lightly open the screen if it works with a external screen. Or you can work in a fridge.

G.

No Events found!