Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2022 16:00

Dell Latitude C810 motherboard identification

Hello. I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, or if a product this old gets any service, so if I am posting in the wrong place then I apologize. Anyway, I have an old Dell Latitude C810 that was given to me by my grandmother. The original service tag and express service codes are long gone, as someone before me had removed them from the bottom of the computer. Turning on the computer and going into the bios reveals that a dummy service tag and express service code were added, which made restoring the computer to factory settings harder. However, when I opened up the computer, the original bar codes and serial numbers are still on the motherboard and relating parts. I’ll upload an image of the barcode on the motherboard for others to investigate. If anyone could help me identify the original configuration of this specific computer, that would be appreciated.

image.jpg

3 Posts

I’m only keeping it because I use it as a retro Windows XP laptop.

3 Posts

The 

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

@RyanH2005 wrote:

Hello. I don’t know if this is the right place to post this, or if a product this old gets any service, so if I am posting in the wrong place then I apologize. Anyway, I have an old Dell Latitude C810 that was given to me by my grandmother. The original service tag and express service codes are long gone, as someone before me had removed them from the bottom of the computer. Turning on the computer and going into the bios reveals that a dummy service tag and express service code were added, which made restoring the computer to factory settings harder. However, when I opened up the computer, the original bar codes and serial numbers are still on the motherboard and relating parts. I’ll upload an image of the barcode on the motherboard for others to investigate. If anyone could help me identify the original configuration of this specific computer, that would be appreciated.

image.jpg

What is the point?

It takes PC133 RAM.  Max of 512MB. Possibly 1GB or 2GB.

It take a PATA/IDE hard drive.

e-cycle it

10 Elder

• 

24.8K Posts

Without the service tag, the system specifications cannot be located -- and that number is the system board part number, which has nothing to do with the system identification.

The only thing that part number identifies is the system model (Latitude C810), which is a system that's just about two decades old.

No Events found!