Start a Conversation

Unsolved

C

3 Posts

February 20th, 2019 10:00

Dell Latitude D620 won't connect to the internet

I got my laptop used and ever since I've had it, every so often it will disconnect from the internet and be unable to find any networks in range until I restart it. Last night it disconnected and even after restarting a couple times it was still unable to find any wireless networks in range, even the home network that everyone else in the house is using no problem. Any help finding the problem would be appreciated.

3 Posts

I have Windows XP. I don't see any errors in the device manager, my network adaptors are working fine. 

4 Operator

• 

5.6K Posts

@cmetelli wrote:

I got my laptop used and ever since I've had it, every so often it will disconnect from the internet and be unable to find any networks in range until I restart it. Last night it disconnected and even after restarting a couple times it was still unable to find any wireless networks in range, even the home network that everyone else in the house is using no problem. Any help finding the problem would be appreciated.

Which OS?

Do you see errors in Windows' Device Manager?

3 Posts

February 20th, 2019 12:00

The wireless switch was flipped! It looks a little busted so maybe that's the reason it sometimes can't connect to wifi? Anyway it's working now. 

No Events found!