Start a Conversation

Unsolved

A

1 Message

July 2nd, 2019 08:00

Dell Latitude E6520 turns off when unplugged

Hi,

my Latitude E6520 turns off when the AC cord unplugged. It lasts about 2 minutes (sometimes more, sometimes less - f.e. when I turn on photoshop, it's immediate), then after turning on again it only lets me log in and then turns off again.

The battery is good as it works perfectly in my other Latitude, the fan as well - I tried to change them and no result in both of the laptops (the other works perfectly and this one does not). Also, I have the newest BIOS version.

Any ideas?

July 3rd, 2019 00:00

Hi AnSec, Run diagnostics, restart the computer, as the computer boots, start tapping < F12 > When the Boot menu appears, highlight the Diagnostics option and then press < Enter > to start the Diagnostics. If you get any error code and validation code, share over PM. Boot into BIOS by restarting the system and tapping F2 at startup screen. Under General-> Battery information-> Check the status of Battery and Ac adapter(make sure the adapter is connected while you try this step). What happens to the light of ac adapter when plugged in and powered on, does it stay on or go off? PM us for further help.
No Events found!