Start a Conversation

Unsolved

N

1 Message

June 8th, 2020 07:00

Dell Latitude E7270 frequently shutting down

Hello,

my dell laptop E7270 frequently shuts down when i install any app and i run the diagnostic and i got this error"the battery is reaching the end of its usable life dell" however i checked in the bios the battery life shows good so Can someone help me how to fix this issue 

4 Operator

• 

20.1K Posts

June 8th, 2020 08:00

The battery meter is wrong. The battery is failing. Remove the battery and try using the adapter alone. If that works use it that way until you can buy a new computer. Very hard to find genuine new Dell replacement batteries from Dell or Dell Parts now. Beware of counterfeit batteries on the internet even from Marketplaces.  

https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln128667/dell-laptop-battery-frequently-asked-questions?lang=en

18 Posts

July 13th, 2021 07:00

I'm using a DELL Latitude 7470 and also experiencing similar issues. Very annoying.

18 Posts

July 13th, 2021 08:00

I noticed one phenomenon accompanying the onset of the auto and sudden shut down: even when the laptop is connected with power adapter, the battery percentage was decreasing, which is so strange. After such sudden and unexpected shut down, the laptop cannot be turned on in a normal way, the battery cannot be charged. Usually I have to uncover the back cover, and unplug the battery connection, then put it back, thus the laptop can work in normal for some time, maybe a few weeks.

July 13th, 2021 08:00

Check Windows system logs for "red x" and review for "Thermal Event" if found your system is over heating. Have had this problem with a recent E7270, the fix is mainboard replacement if you have not noticing any thing blocking the cooling vents.

18 Posts

July 13th, 2021 17:00

This is what happening today: connected to power adapter but the battery is decreasing. when it to a critical level, auto shutdown will happen:

How to paste a photo here?

No Events found!