Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2018 10:00

Dell latitude e5440 booting on it on and hard to power on

Hi my dell latitude e5440 has a hard time booting and starts on by it self but i know that it does not have a virus becuse i have installed diffrent os. ubuntu windows 10 and 8 and it will not work please i need help.

February 1st, 2018 01:00

i found a way to fixit by taking out the battery and ac after  that i hold in the power button and it fixt it :D

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

January 31st, 2018 13:00

I'm assuming windows 10 is still on the system....

Please try to run the diagnostic tool to check Hardware on the system by following steps below.

1. Power off system. Remove all peripherals except AC adapter.

2. Power on system, quickly start tapping F12 key continuously until you see Preparing one time boot menu in the top right corner of the screen. In the boot menu, stroll down to Diagnostic and then click on it. After quick tests, click on hard drive, and then Thorough Test Mode. After hard drive test finished, select Memory and Thorough Test Mode.Report back any error code.

4 Operator

• 

6.4K Posts

February 2nd, 2018 16:00

:BigSmile:

Glad to know the computer is fix now and you were able to resolve the problem . Thanks for the update

February 10th, 2018 14:00

the **bleep** thing did it again but a simple bios update fixed it and it works even better now it had never updated the bios on it beacous i got i from a recycle bin and now it works perfect

No Events found!