Start a Conversation

Unsolved

August 10th, 2023 23:24

February 19th, 2018 09:00

I was just about to create a similar ticket. We have had this happening for several weeks now. We have tried updating BIOS, video/chipset drivers, and verifying the power settings. Dell has replaced the "hall sensor" a few times, and it seems to work a bit, but we had one user where this happened again. Please help! We have over 100 of these things, and we get this issue almost every day.

9 Posts

February 20th, 2018 07:00

I'm not sure this is going to help you but I fixed it on my side. I reset the power plan to default and then I enabled hybrid sleep in the advanced settings. It's working for me but I also tried to reinstall a bunch of drivers beforehand so that could be it too. Good luck.

February 20th, 2018 08:00

Thank you for this info. We have hybrid sleep turned off per policy, but I'll try this out the next time I get a broken machine.

March 9th, 2018 09:00

Is there a .dmp file located in C:\Windows\Minidump?

March 16th, 2018 18:00

Same thing is happening to me. I didn't catch what caused it but when I saw you mention the update, I do remember shutting down to install some Windows updates. I've been literally checking all system drivers, BIOS, etc. 

Definitely very frustrating. Have you found a solution? Or at least a band aid that's not as annoying?

March 16th, 2018 19:00

image.pngI have 2 it seems. Can you shed some light?

9 Posts

March 17th, 2018 17:00

@thebev1316I'm really not sure what fixed it but this is what I did:

"I reset the power plan to default[Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\Edit Plan Settings] and then I enabled hybrid sleep in the advanced settings. It's working for me but I also tried to reinstall a bunch of drivers beforehand so that could be it too. Good luck."

Let me know if that helped and I will flag it as a solution.

2 Posts

July 25th, 2018 06:00

Hi I had similar problem with E5480 the suggestion seems to work! Thank you very much. 

No Events found!