Start a Conversation

Unsolved

B

1 Message

July 3rd, 2019 10:00

Ethernet problems over usb-C

Hi All,

We've been noticing a problem when using ethernet over usb-C on our latitude machines. Our company uses several different models of Latitude but recently we have been implementing 7480's, 7490's, 5480's, and 5490's with WD15 docks. Part of our business involves using Parallels for a remote connection to a service hosted by another company.

Lately, several of our employees have been complaining about their connection dropping frequently (about once every 15 minutes on average)

After a lot of testing, I've determined that when ethernet is run through the usb-C port, the machines will lose connection for about 5 pings every 15 minutes-ish (this isn't consistent) I've confirmed that:

• no network issues over wifi
  • no network issues when ethernet is plugged directly into the laptop
  • confirmed issues when ethernet is plugged into a wd15 dock
  • confirmed issues when using a 3rd party ethernet to usb-C adapter

I've updated the BIOS on affected machines, updated all usb and ethernet drivers, and updated all firmware for the WD-15 docks. this issue is currently affecting about 15 people using the above latitude machines.

Has anyone had an issue like this before? any suggestions?

Thank you

2 Posts

September 9th, 2019 12:00

We are having the same issues.  Only two laptops/docks so far, but our issues sound identical to what you explained.  Have you found a solution?

1 Message

November 22nd, 2021 02:00

I had this on an asus zenbook, and now a brand new vostro. Highly frustrating. the usb-b ethernet adapter that came with the zenbook did not give any issues. I say, wait for 5 years for the industry to catchup and try usb-c again.

No Events found!