Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 16th, 2019 13:00

G5 5587 No Dual-multi boot

help maybe iam doing something wrong but I tried this over 26 times over 5 computers including laptops and pcs and never had this problem when cleaned the SSD and HDD I put a windows 10 ISO on a USB flash drive updated the bios to 1.9.0 latest of 4/16/2019 it installed perfectly updated the both GPUS drivers got the fingerprint drivers updated the firmware got all driver updates including sound and etc. updated my windows 10 to max and now I want to install a multi-dual boot system with 2 windows 10 I used the same flash drive everything basically the same and the start was good I had safe boot and PTT enabled I removed the flash drive after it copied the files and then error no blue screen just error in a normal box is there a setting in the bios iam mussing that disables multi boot or what I know how to do it this process worked on other computers like PCS and laptops I don't see a difference why this wont work tell me if iam missing something. AND PLEASE DONT TELL ME OH I DONT KNOW HOW TO PUT AN ISO OR YOUTUBE LINK ON HOW TO MULTI BOOT I KNOW IT BECAUSE I HAVE MASTERED DUAL-MULTI BOTTING. So if someone knows a setting or something that I done wrong or suggesting turning something off then try to reply. Thanks in advance

11 Posts

August 29th, 2019 08:00

it fixes part of the boot issue but I managed to install it by removing the HDD and putting it in a surprisingly compatible pc with usb 2.0 and then putting the HDD back in but thanks for support

July 2nd, 2019 12:00

Hi

For my 5480 it solved like this:

So the procedure would be the following:
1) BIOS Settings -> Intel Software Guard Extensions -> Intel SGX Enable : Disabled. Save settings and Exit.
2) BIOS Settings -> Intel Software Guard Extensions -> Intel SGX Enable : Enabled. Save settings and Exit.
3) Install the following: https://downloads.dell.com/FOLDER04612071M/5/Intel-Software-Guard-Extensions-Platform-Software_64XPV_WIN64_1.8.106.40803_A00_02.EXE

To downgrade the BIOS you only have to install the following file:
​​​​​​https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19/drivers/driversdetails?driverid=dhv60&oscode=wt64a&productcode=inspiron-14-5480-laptop&lwp=rt

For you procedure is same, just refer to your computer model!

Good luck!

No Events found!